Make a good resolution Video

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have a new pc AMD XP 3000+ 512 DDRam with Nvidia GE FORCE FX 5200 256 MBit Ram

When i make a video with Windows Movie Maker from a VCR or a TV (both analogic type), the best resolution how i can is 320x200 pixels. How I can have a better resolution (i.e. 800x600 pixels) ?

Help me

Lupo Alberto

VCR tapes have a native resolution of around 320x200 so you won't/can't get better than that. Remember, you cannot create data that isn't there to begin with. As for the low res from tv, are you using USB, USB II, or Firewire to connect tv to pc? A USB connection (along with your capture device) will only allow the low res you are getting. For off-the-air tv recording you would do better to get a video card with a tv input. This may solve the low res problem. By the way, NTSC television (US) is inherently low res at 525 lines of resolution. Capture and save at DV.AVI setting for best results

----- Lupo Alberto wrote: ----

I have a new pc AMD XP 3000+ 512 DDRam with Nvidia GE FORCE FX 5200 256 MBit Ram

When i make a video with Windows Movie Maker from a VCR or a TV (both analogic type), the best resolution how i can is 320x200 pixels. How I can have a better resolution (i.e. 800x600 pixels) ?

Help me

Lupo Alberto

Back