lost html code between body tags

G

I have built a website using several directories on my hard drive to prevent the tables of contents in the shared borders from contaminating the tables of contents in other categories. in other words I have each category in a seperate directory. This worked fine for a while but now suddenly FP will not display the code between the body tags for any of the pages in one of these directories. The other directories are fine, so far.

I went online and copied my source code into notepad, then copied it into FP 2003, and it showed until I tried to save it. Everything looks fine in preview mode and in design mode but split or code mode shows only the first 15 lines of code.

I can't edit what I can't see. Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

You can't copy web bot code into notepad and then back into a page in FP. You need to
recreate/re-applied your shared borders in your current open FP web with FP.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

fresh339 said:
I have built a website using several directories on my hard drive to prevent the tables of
contents in the shared borders from contaminating the tables of contents in other categories. in
other words I have each category in a seperate directory. This worked fine for a while but now
suddenly FP will not display the code between the body tags for any of the pages in one of these
directories. The other directories are fine, so far.
I went online and copied my source code into notepad, then copied it into FP 2003, and it showed
until I tried to save it. Everything looks fine in preview mode and in design mode but split or code
mode shows only the first 15 lines of code.

Ask a Question