lost gallery

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I tried to add some new photos to my galleries Saturday night. In the 1st 2 galleries everything went fine. In the 3rd the thumbs all turned to a full square 100by100 instead of the normal 60by100. They don't display right at 100by100. Now I lost the whole gallery. I get an error message that's it's not found there.
Now I have a full site but the 3rd gallery doesn't show. This happened once before about a month ago. I ended up having to rebuild the site from scratch AGAIN. Is there anyway to get the 3rd gallery back up without having to redo the whole site again.
I'm a photographer so it doesn't look very professional to have a gallery that doesn't display

Which gallery are you using? FP's??

You may find FP's photogallery's a little finicky...and I've found there seems to be an invisible barrier that you slam into (maybe size related) and the gallery breaks. I've had no problem with small galleries though.

| I tried to add some new photos to my galleries Saturday night. In the 1st 2 galleries everything went fine. In the 3rd the thumbs all turned to a full square 100by100 instead of the normal 60by100. They don't display right at 100by100. Now I lost the whole gallery. I get an error message that's it's not found there.
| Now I have a full site but the 3rd gallery doesn't show. This happened once before about a month ago. I ended up having to rebuild the site from scratch AGAIN. Is there anyway to get the 3rd gallery back up without having to redo the whole site again.
| I'm a photographer so it doesn't look very professional to have a gallery that doesn't display.
|

I'm building using FP 2003. Is there any way to override the bad gallery without having to rebuild the web site over again?

I am still working in *FP2002*:

One thing you don't want to do with FP's galleries is mess with the files it creates (don't move them and don't rename them).

You don't have to rebuild the website all over again...just re-do the gallery if you have to. That would be...find the arbitrary name that FP called it (remember it)...then on the page that you inserted the Gallery Component just delete that area.

Now depending on where you chose to save the images (not the photogallery or it's thumbs - that's the arbitrarily named stuff I mentioned above)...pull the main images from the image folder to recreate the gallery.

Now, remember the first gallery's name and thumb folder?...now go back and delete just them (not the new one's that were just created).

25 images should be fine...unless they are really big files.

| I'm building using FP 2003. Is there any way to override the bad gallery without having to rebuild the web site over again?

This is the message I get
Not Foun
The requested URL /Gallery Three.htm was not found on this server

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If "Gallery Three.htm" was the name you used, try looking for "Gallery%20Three.htm"
- spaces in file names should not be used (they are translated to %20)

--

| This is the message I get :
| Not Found
| The requested URL /Gallery Three.htm was not found on this server.
|
| Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
|
|
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| I also get a server extension notice to contact my host. This comes with about 20 seconds left before my site would be published.
I sent my host this same info.
| I have 3 galleries and the 1st 2 are fine. I get this message on the 3rd one. I think I did what you said but it's too messed up
to override this error.
| Any more help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for the help so far.

Back