Lost file associations

  • Start date Start date

Hello all,

I recently installed internet explorer 6.0 with sp1. After a rebot I lost
all my file associations. Any idea on how to get windows back to its
originall state of recoginizing file extentions again.

Thanks in advance.

Hi David :-)

Try the forllowing and see if it helps:

To restore the default file association, go to
Download, unzip and merge the REG file, "JPE/JPG/JPEG Association Fix"
Some image/graphics programs will change file associations.

If these steps do not resolve your problem, please post back to this thread
with the details and any error messages.

Hope this helps

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit.
Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.

How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

news:[email protected]...

Jan Il

Thank just helped me to - I lost my exe associations and the directory you
directed David to helped!! Thanks mate - so quick after struggling for 2 day!!

Hi Paul :-)
Jan Il

Thank just helped me to - I lost my exe associations and the directory you
directed David to helped!! Thanks mate - so quick after struggling for 2
day!!

You're very welcome! Glad to hear you were able to resolve your problem.
Good job!

Thank you for posting back and letting us know what worked for you, and for
the benefit of other readers who might have a similar problem. :-)

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.