  • Start date Start date

Ever since IE was upgraded to 6, I have had no success in upgrading. The
download gets to about 93%, then drops out. I've lived with this up to now,
but I now cannot use MSN, as the latest version has found a conflict with IE.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Hi,
Are you trying to upgrade from IE5 or 5.5 to IE6? Or are you referring to
updates (patches) for IE6? Which version of Windows?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Chris" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Hello

I've the same problem. My system is Windows ME. I've tried to setup in the
save modus.
But nothing helps.My knowledge about computers is less. So I hope there is
some-one who can help a dummy

Hi,
This information from Zee has helped many WinME users install IE6...
- - - -
If you're running WinME, try this:

Go to My Computer - Tools - Folder Options - View:
- Select "Show hidden files and folders", click Apply - OK

Create a folder named "Old uninstall".

Go to folder C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/Uninstall Information.

Now Edit - Select All - Cut all files.

Open "Old uninstall" folder and paste the files.

You will now be able to install all the troublesome components.

If everything works as expected, you can delete the "Old Uninstall" folder
and the files you moved.

Good luck,
Zee
- - - - -

Plan "B"
Uninstalling and Reinstalling IE in ME (Noel Paton)
http://winnoel.users.btopenworld.com/ReInIE.htm
- - - - -
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

I have installed ie6 now thx
but another difficulty is now that i can't use the search machines.
What can be the cause.Can you help me please

Hi,
In what way are you unable to use search engines? Do searches from the
Address Bar not work?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Thanks for the response... I had some major virus problems, luckily, I'd
backed up all my images/files to a slave drive that was "clean". I loaded
Windows XP onto this drive, after removing the infected C drive, all is now
well!

Chris
--
Chris

B.Paulusse said:
I have installed ie6 now thx
but another difficulty is now that i can't use the search machines.
What can be the cause.Can you help me please

Back
Top