Little Orange Fist?

  • Start date Start date
Please provide an example of a link that gives you "a little orange fist
and can't execute and go there."

I went to the site:
http://www.pricewatch.com/software_oper_system/4181-1
and clicked on Buy. But this happens on ALL the links on that page at least with me.

This is a copy/paste of one of the examples:

712352993 September 10, 2006 8:29:00Price changed: 4 days 5 hrs 28 minutes ago
See Site For Image Price - $76.99
Ship - free
$76.99
Microsoft Microsoft Windows Xp Pro
Microsoft Windows XP Pro Full Version Promotional OEM Sp2
Dealer Part # 186C-232C01
Manuf Part # E85-03210
Read More ...

Please provide an example of a link that gives you "a little orange fist
and can't execute and go there."

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Well I don't know what else it could be other than I just bought Norton Internet Security 2007 but this also happened
before that.
I checked other sites and they are OK.

When I click on the links to the far right hand side of the page they WORK but the others don't!

I don't see an orange fist anywhere.

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Hi Ted,
PS:If I right click on the links that don't work and click on copy shortcut than paste in my IE they do work.

I don't see an orange fist anywhere.

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Hi,
This blocking action isn't coming from Internet Explorer. You have a
third-party program installed that's blocking some pages, for some reason.

If you're running XP SP2, disable add-ons from IE> Tools> Manage add-ons.
One of them may be causing the problem.

You could try this test *very* briefly because you'll be running with
security programs shutdown...
Startup in Safe Mode with Networking.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=315222 If the problem goes
away, a program that didn't load in Safe Mode is causing it. Look at
security/privacy programs, ad-blockers, etc. to find and disable the program
or it's troublesome feature.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

RScotti said:
Hi,
I been searching for software and when I go to the links they provide it
gives me what I think is a little orange fist

Hi Don,
There about 40 of them should I disable all of them?
What will be the consequences

RScotti said:
Hi,
I been searching for software and when I go to the links they provide it
gives me what I think is a little orange fist
and can't execute and go there.
Can you tell me how to bypass this? This happened at this site and many others I went to:
\
http://www.pricewatch.com/software_oper_system/4181-1.htm

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Hi Don,
I think I found it there were three I was not familiar with so I Disabled them and now it is working but had to reboot
cause my system froze but when I came back they all worked.

Thank you so much for your help. I would have never guessed how to fix this.

RScotti said:
Hi,
I been searching for software and when I go to the links they provide it
gives me what I think is a little orange fist
and can't execute and go there.
Can you tell me how to bypass this? This happened at this site and many others I went to:
\
http://www.pricewatch.com/software_oper_system/4181-1.htm

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Hi,
I could have been more specific regarding which add-ons to disable chouldn't
I? ;-)
But... Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for reporting back.

Don

RScotti said:
Hi Don,
There about 40 of them should I disable all of them?
What will be the consequences

Hi Don,
If you know which ones please tell me cause I had to disable a three of them and maybe could put back the other two so I
won't loose any options.

"RScotti" <rscotti1[at]nospam.verizon.net> wrote in message
Hi,
I been searching for software and when I go to the links they provide it
gives me what I think is a little orange fist
and can't execute and go there.
Can you tell me how to bypass this? This happened at this site and many
others I went to:
\
http://www.pricewatch.com/software_oper_system/4181-1.htm

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Hi Don,
I forgot to tell you but I did disable about 15 entries but only the three were disabled and when I tried to get back
them one at a time to see which one affected me one would not enable and one was disabled both just have the words
Disabled and Enabled in BOLD letters with No name any more and the enable/disable box is grayed out for those two.

RScotti said:
[...]

If you've disabled or removed an add-on that's needed at some future time,
you should be able to download and reinstall it. A privacy/security program
was probably displaying the orange fist when it blocked a page for some
reason- possible an antiphishing filter- maybe something else.

Only add-ons from Microsoft (generally) should not be disabled. Items which
are not readily identifiable can be looked up on google or another search
engine. Lookup the add-ons which are being troublesome to see if they're
needed.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

RScotti said:
[...]

It happened again I went to ATT.com and on one of the links an add for ING Direct did it again but the rest of them on
that site worked.I don't know which one of these would filter out this. Here's what I have:
Two Adobe Systems Inc., Four Earthlink,Two Googles,Two Symantec's, HPwebhelper,Research,IESpell,Sun Java
Console,Express Cleanup,
One {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT ONE IS?
Maybe this is the one?

RScotti said:
[...]

Hi RScotti :-)

Check here for information on this:
{B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C}
http://www.castlecops.com/o9list-153.html

Hope this helps.

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows IE [AumHa]
Data/Comp Technology
www.datacomptech.com
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

RScotti said:
[...]

I think the culprit is the Earthlink ScamBlocker.
See: http://www.earthlink.net/software/free/toolbar/
It should be easy enough to disable the ScamBlocker while leaving other
features enabled.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

RScotti said:
[...]

I think we got it this time? I probably will need time to check out a lot of URL's to find out for sure.
Thanks again for your help.

RScotti said:
[...]

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your help.
Now I know it has to do with MS Encarta. What I don't know is what does this filter do?
Any suggestions?

[...]

You're very welcome. Looks like you and Don have the cause well in hand.
:-)

RScotti said:
[...]

Yes I think so. Only time will tell but I really think that Earthlink is the problem since I now can link to that
certain site.
Thanks again for your help.

RScotti said:
[...]

Back