Listening for messages in compact.net

  • Start date Start date

Adam

Hi,
How do i listen for windows messages in c# on
compact.net? I have a window containing an instantiation
of the HTML viewer control, which is a child of the main
form. As the compact implementation of the form class
does not have a wndproc function to override, i cannot
get the messages. I cannot use a message window, as the
window i am listening to will then not display.

Is there another method of doing this?
Adam

Hello Adam,

Currently I am looking for somebody who could help you on it and will
follow up with you here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

!From: "Adam" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "Adam" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Listening for messages in compact.net
!Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 09:52:18 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
!
!

Sorry, but I don't think this will work (as i have
already tried using a message window).
If i set the message window as the parent of the HTML
control, i can receive the messages, but the control
doesn't display. If i set my form as the parent, the
control displays but i can't receive the messages. I need
it to both display the control and receive the messages
from it at the same time.
Adam.

.

Could you send a snippet of the part where you are using the HTMLView
control with the MessageWindow?

Reggie
Microsoft DSW-MDD

| From: "Adam" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Adam" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Listening for messages in compact.net
| Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 01:27:26 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Sorry, but I don't think this will work (as i have
| already tried using a message window).
| If i set the message window as the parent of the HTML
| control, i can receive the messages, but the control
| doesn't display. If i set my form as the parent, the
| control displays but i can't receive the messages. I need
| it to both display the control and receive the messages
| from it at the same time.
| Adam.

| >|
| >| Hello Adam,
| >|
| >| Currently I am looking for somebody who could help you
| on it and will
| >| follow up with you here. Thanks.
| >|
| >| Best regards,
| >| Yanhong Huang
| >| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >|
| >| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| >| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
| and confers no
| >rights.
| >|
| >| --------------------
| >| !From: "Adam" <[email protected]>
| >| !Sender: "Adam" <[email protected]>
| >| !Subject: Listening for messages in compact.net
| >| !Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 09:52:18 -0700
| >| !Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
| >| !
| >| !Hi,
| >| !How do i listen for windows messages in c# on
| >| !compact.net? I have a window containing an
| instantiation
| >| !of the HTML viewer control, which is a child of the
| main
| >| !form. As the compact implementation of the form class
| >| !does not have a wndproc function to override, i
| cannot
| >| !get the messages. I cannot use a message window, as
| the
| >| !window i am listening to will then not display.
| >| !
| >| !Is there another method of doing this?
| >| !Adam
| >| !
| >|
| >|

| >.

Hi Adam,

I already posted this in the other newsgroup thread, but just for
completeness, I am posting it here too.

I looked at your sample at www.tenwisevirgins.com/Example.zip. I believe
you have already got the display part to work.

The HTMLViewer class in the sample is from
http://www.opennetcf.org/download.asp?product=Forms. The sample needs to be
combined with the concepts on "Using MessageWindow" at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_evtuv/ht
ml/etconusingmessagewindow.asp

To be more specific, the HTMLViewer class needs a protected override
method that handles the event. From this method you need to do a
Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.MessageWindow.SendMessage with an object of type
Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.Message created with myMessageWindow.NM_HOTSPOT
as the message id.

Let us know how this goes

Reggie
Microsoft - DSW-MDD

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Reggie Joy")
| Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:17:24 GMT
| Subject: RE: Listening for messages in compact.net
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Could you send a snippet of the part where you are using the HTMLView
| control with the MessageWindow?
|
| Reggie
| Microsoft DSW-MDD

rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "Adam" <[email protected]>
| | Sender: "Adam" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: RE: Listening for messages in compact.net
| | Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 01:27:26 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
| |
| | Sorry, but I don't think this will work (as i have
| | already tried using a message window).
| | If i set the message window as the parent of the HTML
| | control, i can receive the messages, but the control
| | doesn't display. If i set my form as the parent, the
| | control displays but i can't receive the messages. I need
| | it to both display the control and receive the messages
| | from it at the same time.
| | Adam.

| | >|
| | >|