List of Installed Software

  • Start date Start date

Pat Garard

G'Day All,

When, from time to time, an installed application is giving problems,
the Vendor's Support dept often ask for screenshots of:
Task Manager (Processes)
Add/Remove programs (installed Software)

For the running processes, it is easier to use:
C:\> tasklist /v > RunningTasks.TXT
from a command line.

Does anyone know of a similar way to list Installed Software?
Installed Drivers?

Hi Pat,

1. Try Belarc: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
2. Drivers list can be generated using MSINFO32 utility.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Pat Garard" <apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau> wrote in message
G'Day All,

When, from time to time, an installed application is giving problems,
the Vendor's Support dept often ask for screenshots of:
Task Manager (Processes)
Add/Remove programs (installed Software)

For the running processes, it is easier to use:
C:\> tasklist /v > RunningTasks.TXT
from a command line.

Does anyone know of a similar way to list Installed Software?
Installed
Drivers?

Hi Ramesh,

Another Top Quality reply!

The software vendor now knows more about my system than I do!

Many Thanks!

You're very welcome Pat :-)

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Pat Garard" <apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau> wrote in message
Hi Ramesh,

Another Top Quality reply!

The software vendor now knows more about my system than I do!

Many Thanks!

Back
Top