Links Tool Bar

KL Wilson

Everytime I shut down my computer the Links Tool Bar
reverts to the default? position. I drag it to the
position I want it and then right click and choose "Lock
Toolbars". When I shutdown the machine, the tool bar
goes back to another location.
How can I keep this tool bar in the position?

DVarnau

KL,
From http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm#Toolbarsave

Internet Explorer Toolbar settings are not saved

If you are using a HP/Compaq PC, click Start, Run, type MSCONFIG. Go to
Startup tab and uncheck the entry named "Autotkit.exe" [if exists]

Otherwise, try resetting the Toolbar position in the registry using this
REG:
http://mvps.org/sramesh2k/reg/IEToolbar.reg

[Close all browser windows and apply the .REG script]
Deletes the following registry key; Resets Toolbar, Addressbar positions to
defaults. Restores hidden/missing bars:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]

Hope this helps,
Don

KL Wilson

Don,

I do, in fact, have a HP/Compaq machine and unclicking
the "Autotkit.exe" item solved my issue.

Many thanks.

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

Everytime I shut down my computer the Links Tool Bar
reverts to the default? position. I drag it to the
position I want it and then right click and choose "Lock
Toolbars". When I shutdown the machine, the tool bar
goes back to another location.
How can I keep this tool bar in the position?

.

Ramesh [MVP]

Most welcome, KL

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Prevent Spyware from being installed:

Prevent malware from being installed - Part 2:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/MalwareDefence_Example.htm