Links in web datagrid - letting a user click on a datagrid cell

  • Start date Start date

VM

Is it possible for the bound data in a web datagrid to be displayed in
links?
The grid will show the client's first name and last name and, when the user
clicks on the first or last name, I want to get the cell the user clicked
(thus getting the client he chose), and take the user to another separate
page that will show that client's complete information.

It doesn't really have to be like that (there could be another extra
column - as a row header - with a button for each row, or checkboxes, or...)
but I need a way to know what cell a user chose.

Thanks.

Hi VM,

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Jeffrey Tan[MSFT])
| Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:15:42 GMT
| Subject: RE: Links in web datagrid - letting a user click on a datagrid
cell
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|

| Hi VM,
|
| You can use HyperLinkColumn to display the certain column in links.
| You can use DataNavigateUrlField property to navigate certain item to
| different links.
|
| For more information, please visit:

frlrfsystemwebuiwebcontrolshyperlinkcolumnclassdatanavigateurlfieldtopic.asp

| Hope this helps.
|
| Jeffrey Tan
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.
|
| --------------------
| | From: "VM" <None>
| | Subject: Links in web datagrid - letting a user click on a datagrid cell
| | Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:02:23 -0500
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
| |
| | Is it possible for the bound data in a web datagrid to be displayed in
| | links?
| | The grid will show the client's first name and last name and, when the
| user
| | clicks on the first or last name, I want to get the cell the user
clicked
| | (thus getting the client he chose), and take the user to another
separate
| | page that will show that client's complete information.
| |
| | It doesn't really have to be like that (there could be another extra
| | column - as a row header - with a button for each row, or checkboxes,
| or...)
| | but I need a way to know what cell a user chose.
| | Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
| |
| | Thanks.
| |
| |