Links don't work in IE 6.028

  • Start date Start date

I have a computer with XP and several accounts set up for my family. On my login everything works fine. On my sisters account (she is an administrator) on web pages like yahoo if you try to do a search when you press the "search" button nothing ever happens. Some links work and some do nothing when you click. I don't mean you get a page not found, I mean nothing happens. If I right click and do a "open in new window" then a new window pops up but nothing ever appears in the window. I have reset the internet options to default. ANy ideas on what could be happening here?

Hi,
Blank new windows:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm Tips #21 & 46
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#hyperlinks
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window

Some links don't work:
Fixing the new window problem may fix this. If not, work through the
solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Rose" wrote in message
I have a computer with XP and several accounts set up for my family. On my
login everything works fine. On my sisters account (she is an administrator)
on web pages like yahoo if you try to do a search when you press the
"search" button nothing ever happens. Some links work and some do nothing
when you click. I don't mean you get a page not found, I mean nothing
happens. If I right click and do a "open in new window" then a new window
pops up but nothing ever appears in the window. I have reset the internet
options to default. ANy ideas on what could be happening here?

Back
Top