Limiting Values in Drop Down List

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi

In a form, I have four drop down lists. When the user selects a value in the list, it updates the underlying table. The four items are mailer name, company, contact first name, and contact last name. I would like the form to limit the names in the lists to those that are valid for that company. For example, when the user selects Company ABC from the company list, the names list shouldn't show names for people who are at companies other than ABC. Right now, it's allowing me to select any combination of company, first name, and last name

Thanks
Avyn

Hi,

In a form, I have four drop down lists. When the user selects a value in the list, it updates the underlying table. The four items are mailer name, company, contact first name, and contact last name. I would like the form to limit the names in the lists to those that are valid for that company. For example, when the user selects Company ABC from the company list, the names list shouldn't show names for people who are at companies other than ABC. Right now, it's allowing me to select any combination of company, first name, and last name.

Check out the code at http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm.
There are a few ways to do this, all of which involve at least a
little VBA, but this technique is straightforward and works well.

Back