License PID

G

I am trying to get up to speed on this, as it is a new assignment for me - so I hope I don't come across as brain-dead. (Thanks in advance.) I have a PID, but it doesn't seem to work. I am not using the SDI, reseal, or anything. I just use DISKPART to create a bootable C: drive, then duplicate the image tree created by Target Designer onto that C: drive intact. Whenever I boot I get a SYSTEM_LICENSE_VIOLATION. It works fine with the 120-day evaluation, but not with a license
(a) Should I leave the hyphens in the PID or take them out? (Neither seems to work.
(b) Do I need to get a new COA/PID when I updated the XPe repository to SP1
(c) I use the PID on the COA, not the orange sticker on the development kit. True
(d) Do I need to massage the image at all (reseal, etc.) or just copy it as I stated above
I am guessing that I am doing something stupid here, as it all looks to be too easy, yet it stubbornly resists my futile attempts. I think I have to go back to my boss and tell him that the COA he gave me is incorrect, but first I want to make sure that this is the case.

K

KM

JimClack,

Hope you are trying the PID you got from XPe distributor but not XP Pro license key (have seen your previous thread).

The PID format should be xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. You put it in this form under the TD PID field (no additional characters).
From the image perspective, you do not need anything beside the PID to make it licensed.

Please check you TD target boot settings. Verify the target partition size.
Also, search this NG archive for SYSTEM_LICENSE_VIOLATION to get more info.

--
Regards,
KM

I am trying to get up to speed on this, as it is a new assignment for me - so I hope I don't come across as brain-dead. (Thanks
in advance.) I have a PID, but it doesn't seem to work. I am not using the SDI, reseal, or anything. I just use DISKPART to
create a bootable C: drive, then duplicate the image tree created by Target Designer onto that C: drive intact. Whenever I boot I
get a SYSTEM_LICENSE_VIOLATION. It works fine with the 120-day evaluation, but not with a license.
(a) Should I leave the hyphens in the PID or take them out? (Neither seems to work.)
(b) Do I need to get a new COA/PID when I updated the XPe repository to SP1?
(c) I use the PID on the COA, not the orange sticker on the development kit. True?
(d) Do I need to massage the image at all (reseal, etc.) or just copy it as I stated above?
I am guessing that I am doing something stupid here, as it all looks to be too easy, yet it stubbornly resists my futile attempts.
I think I have to go back to my boss and tell him that the COA he gave me is incorrect, but first I want to make sure that this is
the case.

Ask a Question