LAN server mapping

I have an issue when trying to map from one sever running Windows 2000 to another one. The error message I receive is "the account is not authorized to log in from this station". I can ping the other server just can not map to it
Thank

Jeff Cochran

I have an issue when trying to map from one sever running Windows 2000 to another one. The error message I receive is "the account is not authorized to log in from this station". I can ping the other server just can not map to it.

Same domain or different (or workgroups)? Logon From Network
authorized for the account? Account exists with permissions on the
other server?

Jeff

Sergio Moreno

Hi there,

Try removing and reinstalling "Client for Microsoft Networks" from the Windows 2000 server that is having a problem mapping a drive.

If that does not work then you may have to change the security settings on the server that you are not able to map a drive to; consider the following:

1) Change the value of RequireSecuritySignature from 0x1 to 0x0. This registryparameter can be found under the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

NOTE: It may also be necessary to do the same in the following location

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

2) Shutdown/restart the server

--------------------
From: "=?Utf-8?B?VGhvcg==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: LAN server mapping
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:16:03 -0700

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

Sergio Moreno

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad it is fixed now.
From: "=?Utf-8?B?VGhvcg==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LAN server mapping
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:51:06 -0700

Worked great, Thanks a million