Label Detail Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

I have created a label 3x4 2 down 2 across. I have a problem with the detail area. The begining of the label is grouped by A, B, C, with 4-8 detail records under that. Each detail record is as big as the label, so there is several inches of space between each detail before it starts the next lable. If I change the detail area size, then the next label does not start where is should but all the detail records are together. Any idea what I can do to resolve this?

What are you trying to resolve? One record per label is normal. What do you want it to
look like? One way to get rid of all of the white space is to use smaller labels and
adjust the report to fit those.

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

CompuResource said:
I have created a label 3x4 2 down 2 across. I have a problem with the detail area. The
begining of the label is grouped by A, B, C, with 4-8 detail records under that. Each
detail record is as big as the label, so there is several inches of space between each
detail before it starts the next lable. If I change the detail area size, then the next
label does not start where is should but all the detail records are together. Any idea
what I can do to resolve this?

I just read your post in the Reports group which was worded slightly differently and, I
hope, made it click as to what you are trying to do.

How many sections do you have in the report? It sounds as if you have at least a group
header and a detail section.

Right off hand, the only thing I can think of to do this with labels would be a subreport
in the detail section. To make things fit on a label, you have to keep the sizes set
exactly. So, to put multiple detail records into a single detail section (in order to
maintain the size of the section so that it matches the label) you would actually need to
print the details for the group from a subreport. The subreport would have a very small
(vertically) detail section so you could get multiple detail records in the height of the
main reports detail section. You will also probably need to test and see what the maximum
number of detail lines is that you can get to fit on a single label.

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

CompuResource said:
I have created a label 3x4 2 down 2 across. I have a problem with the detail area. The
begining of the label is grouped by A, B, C, with 4-8 detail records under that. Each
detail record is as big as the label, so there is several inches of space between each
detail before it starts the next lable. If I change the detail area size, then the next
label does not start where is should but all the detail records are together. Any idea
what I can do to resolve this?

Back