KB883939 problem !!

  • Start date Start date

ammar11

When I’m installing windows update kb883939, I notice that the
"Temporary Internet Files" folder getting smaller in the size and
the number of its files.
Before updating it was 160 mgb with about 18,000 files
After updating it becomes 145 mgb with about 15,000 files.
And as a result I’ve noticed that some offline pages are not anymore
available.
I tried to restore a backup of the drive C and reupdate kb883939, and
the same problem appeared again.
Anyone can help me please.

It is about time that you empty the TIF files. Not healthy to the system to keep that big in size. Never had any issues yet

Hi,
The TIF folder can become corrupted. I would install the 883939 update and
ignore it's effect on the TIF folder. I would then delete the TIF folder
(instructions at http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm ) and keep it well
below 100 MB in size. 50-60 MB is an often recommended size.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"ammar11" wrote in message
When I’m installing windows update kb883939, I notice that the
"Temporary Internet Files" folder getting smaller in the size and
the number of its files.
Before updating it was 160 mgb with about 18,000 files
After updating it becomes 145 mgb with about 15,000 files.
And as a result I’ve noticed that some offline pages are not anymore
available.
I tried to restore a backup of the drive C and reupdate kb883939, and
the same problem appeared again.
Anyone can help me please.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/IE6-KB883939-problem-ftopict549680.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1739913

Back
Top