KB835732 and Oracle

G

This security fix KB835732 is causing Oracle databases to fail to start after a reboot. Can Microsoft Confirm what this patch is targeted at and why it is causing Oracle 8.16 8.17 and 9x versions to stop startign correctly

Is this a known issue have Microsoft reproduced this.

S

Scott Harding - MS MVP

I would contact Oracle. There have been issues with this patch and you can
also call MS and see what they say about this update. Unless someone here
has specific experience with your issue you may not have much luck in
finding an answer here.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server

Oisin Glynn said:
This security fix KB835732 is causing Oracle databases to fail to start
after a reboot. Can Microsoft Confirm what this patch is targeted at and
why it is causing Oracle 8.16 8.17 and 9x versions to stop startign
correctly.

G

You would think that microsoft would be apt to 'hop to" and find a fix to there "fix" especially for those customers using enterprise level software like oracle. I had our main site down for a half hour uninstalling the latest patches just to get it back up. Then when I ask what I do about securing my server I'm told wait for the next patch. Still waiting guys and in the meantime my server just got a variant of the latest worm to exploit what the patch was going to fix. Every hour my server reboot because of this leading to more downtime. Can't run the patch because it kills oracle, and my servers downtime can set a swiss watch. Brawvo

P.S. this kind of bull is the exact reason I am moving our server openSQL on Linu

M

Maliq

got this same problem, applied the patch, now I can't start oracl
services. It is constanly "starting". I haven't found a workaround yet
but I'm trying

-
Mali

Ask a Question