From: "Bob" <[email protected]>
Subject: KB832894 Update Repeats
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:25:51 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

Hello,

I have a W2K Pro Sp4 box and all critical updates are
installed. However, it keeps telling me daily I need to
download the update for KB 832894 repeatedly.

Could you please provide some insight on why this update
doesn't stick?

Thank you.
---

Bob,

Do you know if the update 837014 has already been applied to the system? This update supercedes 832894 and if it is
installed before the system tries to install 832894 it can cause 832894 to be re-offered.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Bob

Hi Bill,

No, the installation history does not show 837014 being
installed at all.

I have a W2K Pro Sp4 box and all critical updates are
installed. However, it keeps telling me daily I need to
download the update for KB 832894 repeatedly.

Could you please provide some insight on why this update
doesn't stick?

Thank you.
---

Bob,

Do you know if the update 837014 has already been applied
to the system? This update supercedes 832894 and if it is
installed before the system tries to install 832894 it
can cause 832894 to be re-offered.
Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

confers no rights. Use of included script samples are
subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all
newsgroup/thread

serverguy

Bill, can you please clarify your message regarding 837014? I have found no
information regarding this 832894 being superceded. I searched MS KB and
Technet and found no reference to 837014. Also, the articles discussing
832894 make no reference of it being superceded:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.mspx

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834489&Product=win20
00

Thanks

--------------------
From: "Bob" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:25:51 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

Hello,

I have a W2K Pro Sp4 box and all critical updates are
installed. However, it keeps telling me daily I need to
download the update for KB 832894 repeatedly.

Could you please provide some insight on why this update
doesn't stick?

Thank you.
---

Bob,

Do you know if the update 837014 has already been applied to the system?
This update supercedes 832894 and if it is
installed before the system tries to install 832894 it can cause 832894 to be re-offered.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "serverguy" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: KB832894 Update Repeats
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:08:03 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

Bill, can you please clarify your message regarding 837014? I have found no
information regarding this 832894 being superceded. I searched MS KB and
Technet and found no reference to 837014. Also, the articles discussing
832894 make no reference of it being superceded:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.mspx

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834489&Product=win20
00

Thanks
---

Supercedes may have not been the best word to use on my part. The update 837014 combines the 832894 security
update (MS04-004) and the 831167 update. Since it contains the updated files for 832894, I have seen 832894 re-offer itself
if 837014 had already been installed before 832394, which was why I asked Bob to check to see if he already had 837014
installed. Currently there is no article for the update 837014.