Invalid viewstate

  • Start date Start date

Jeremy Ames

I have a page that I call from a Server.Transfer where I am expecting a
hidden text field from the calling form. I am trying to step through the
receiving page and I keep getting an error stating, "The viewstate is
invalid for this page and might be corrupted." I have a form, a hidden text
field, and text on the page. I have no clue what could be causing this.
Please help.

Ok, I was wrong. It pains me to say that, but it does happen occasionally.
LOL It is not actually a Server.Transfer that is causing that problem but
some javascript that I have tied to some hyperlinks. I have created the
hyperlinks at run time and attached them to a piece of javascript that
changes a value and then submits the form.

Since noticing the cause of the problem I have tried addind event handlers
to the hyper links, but they do not have a click event.

"Alvin Bruney" <vapor at steaming post office> wrote in message
It's sometimes a good idea to google before posting. Here is what i found
http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FAQ/ViewStateisCorrupt.aspx
see if that helps you

Back
Top