Internet Explorer Security zones and content rating GPOs

  • Start date Start date

Marc Lindsay

Hi,

I'm a newbie using the GPOs and there is something that I don't
understand.

We just install a new domain controller and in the active directory,
under the Domain.User OU, I created 2 new OU:

- Restricted_User
- Restricted_PowerUser

For each of these OU, I created a new GPO having the same name than
the OU (Restricted_User and Restricted_PowerUser).

The only difference that I want between them is that the users in the
first OU have High Internet Security Level and the Users in the second
one have Medium Internet Security Level.

What I don't understand, is that if I change the security level in the
Restricted_User GPO, the same change is also applied in the
Restricted_PowerUser GPO and vice-versa! So I'm not able to set
different Internet security level for each of my GPOs. It seems to be
a link somewhere between both of them but I cannot see it.

How can I manage these GPOs independantly?????

Thanks!

Marc

What do you mean by different security group. Each of my OU is using is own GPO.

- Restricted_User OU is using the Restiricted_User GPO
- Restricted_PowerUSer is using the Restricted_PowerUser GPO

Marc

I have this same problem

Marc Lindsay said:
What do you mean by different security group. Each of my OU is using is own GPO.

- Restricted_User OU is using the Restiricted_User GPO
- Restricted_PowerUSer is using the Restricted_PowerUser GPO

Marc

"Luis Garcia" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Back
Top