Internet Explorer Confused

  • Start date Start date

Hi, I believe I'm having a little trouble with Internet Explorer. While
trying to visit a website, I said that I cannot subscribe to it, because my
computer was running on a Mac. And on the Office Update site, it says that
it doesn't support office for mac. Then on Hotmail, it says that my internet
browser (internet explorer) is not supported. Does anyone know what's going
on with Explorer? I tried to reinstall it and it hasn't done much. Any
ideas?

Hi,
This is probably being caused by a third-party privacy/security program
blocking your
user agent information.

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_agent ]

Work through this list from MVP Mike Burgess.

Several of these are known to cause problems:
1) Zone Alarm Pro [Private Header Info - enabled]
Turn off "Ad Blocking" and "Cookie Control" in ZAP (Privacy Advisor)

2) Symantec [Enable Browser Privacy - enabled]
Active Content - "Allow All Script To Execute"

3) Any "ad blocking" software that blocks "http_referer"
or contains entries that are blocking access to the desired site.

4) Pop-up blockers that are stripping header\url info.

5) WebWasher Standard Filter/URL Filter

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]