Intelisense bug in Visual Studio .NET 2003

G

Hi
I'm migrating from VC6 to VC7.1 (.NET 2003) and I'm having the following problem with the IDE
Several times when I do Ctrl+Space to invoke intelisense to fill me a known var name or identifier, the IDE
reaches almost 100% CPU and it hangs ( it seems that it enters a infinite loop mode, or something else)
I'll be happy to hear how to diagnose, or send it as a bug to Microsoft support or something else..

Iv

A

Adam Nowotny

Ivo said:
Hi,
I'm migrating from VC6 to VC7.1 (.NET 2003) and I'm having the following problem with the IDE:
Several times when I do Ctrl+Space to invoke intelisense to fill me a known var name or identifier, the IDE
reaches almost 100% CPU and it hangs ( it seems that it enters a infinite loop mode, or something else).
I'll be happy to hear how to diagnose, or send it as a bug to Microsoft support or something else...

Ivo

Reaching 100% CPU is quite normal when importing large namespaces, f.e. generating all members of mshtml namespace takes
some time (several seconds), which is quite annoying.
Try reducing number of imports, maybe there is some bug with the number of entries IntelliSense can generate ?

Ask a Question