Installing Question

  • Start date Start date

John

I have a package built in C#.Net. I have the deployment package all set.
However, I have a file that needs to be installed in the project but I don't
want it be overwritten by an older version of the file if a user updates it
before another user runs the install.

i.e.. Customer 1 installs to a network drive k
Customer 1 updates file X.xml
Customer 2 also installs to a network drive k (same network)
Customer 2 needs the updates that Customer 1 made to X.xml.
Install must be smart enough not to overwrite an existing file that has a
date newer than the one in the install. How do I set this up?

Any Help would be appreciated.

John

Is there a way to script this behavior to not update a file that has a newer
date than the one in the assembly? (ie, the user updated the file from a

Thanks.

Turns out, that is the behavior for non-Versioned files, if I remember
correctly. If its a versioned file, like a binary, then it uses the rules
in that link below, and will usually replace it if its a newer version in
the new installer.

---
David Guyer - VBQA Deployment Testing
From: "John" <[email protected]>