Installation Woes

Ernest Sherrill

After downloading and installing the software, I ran the
scan and found 8 spy ware notices. I then tried to get
online but to no avail. I restarted my pc and tried
again, but still no internet. I turned off the software
and repeated the previous steps but still could not get
on the internet. I then uninstalled the software and got
online immediately. I restarted, verified I still had
online access, and then reinstalled the software. I have
had no problems with the software since then.

Hope this helps anyone else!

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Ernest,

Here are the steps to rebuild the LSP chain which may be causing your
internet issues.

For Windows XP:

1) log onto the Windows XP workstation as an administrator
2) Open up a command prompt and type the following "netsh winsock reset"
(without the quotes)

Windows 2000: Follow the steps in KB: 817571
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817571

Reply back if that did not working for you.

-steve

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

originated.

Bill Sanderson

What I found confusing in Ernest's narrative, is that he states that
uninstalling Microsoft Antispyware returned his network connectivity to
normal. And then he reinstalled it, and still has normal connectivity.

My surmise is that his uninstall perhaps meant using System Restore for that
purpose.

"Steve Dodson [MSFT]" said:
Ernest,

Here are the steps to rebuild the LSP chain which may be causing your
internet issues.

For Windows XP:

1) log onto the Windows XP workstation as an administrator
2) Open up a command prompt and type the following "netsh winsock reset"
(without the quotes)

Windows 2000: Follow the steps in KB: 817571
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817571

Reply back if that did not working for you.

-steve

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

rights.

originated.
From: "Bill Sanderson" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Installation Woes
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:32:41 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.general

Did you do a System Restore as any part of this process?