Installation failure

  • Start date Start date

Window Defender Installer gives following error:
"Could not access network location %USERPROFILE%\My documents\.

What's wrong?

You may have insufficient priviledges to install applications. (Generally a
GOOD thing in a production enviornment.) Contact your network administrator.

Hi Marcel;

Did you ever remap your My documents folder? This post certainly sounds
similar to what your reporting:

From: AMK
Subject: Re: Update error 0x80070643
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 17:08:06 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.install

Sorry, my NNTP newsreader is still a mess from a meltdown a few months ago,
you'll never find that post, let me quote it.

Sorry for the long delay but I just got back to this problem this week.
Thanks for your previous help about reinstalling .701 of Antispyware
Bill.That was successful. Watching the threads I picked up on My Documents
re-direction as I had moved my docs to a different local partition. Sure
enough, following Christoffer Soltau's hint, I got Defender working OK.
Initially it didn't seen to have had any effect, but after a reboot and
presumably the software calling back to base it downloaded updates and is
now
working OK (well for 24 hours anyhow!). Thanks all for your help.

Bill Sanderson said:
Thanks--that's interesting--and, I think, supportive of my idea that
removing the currently in place definitions may fix the
issue--essentially you replaced them with themselves--or at least that's
my "vision" of what the operation you did does.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply. I remapped my "My Documents" .
Now Defender is installed and runs properly.

Back
Top