images in pages

  • Start date Start date

Colin Brookes

Please help before I throw this thing through the window
Images will not open in some web pages like ebay and msn
hotmail inbox which says this page canot be displayed on
the banner heading really need to sort this am suffering
e bay withdrawal symtoms

thank you

Also HELP, having same problem, just with eBay. All other web sites show
pictures fine. All pictures are jpg.

I am having exactly the same problem with ebay pages.
Just a load of little red crosses. I thought I had sorted
it when the images returned, but they vanished again after
ten minutes.

Help, Help, Help.

My wife is about to throw the CPU out the window (or possibly @ me)

We have been having this issue on several sites over the past couple of
months - even tried to restore to a previous date to see if we can undo
something that we possibly did. Ran several different anti-virus programs as
well with no luck.

Seems that if I right click anywhere on the page & change the encoding to
Western European (Windows) is makes everything ok until the next page.

I have the issue on e-Bay, HP, & even Microsoft's sites.

Thank you!

Hi,
See:
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/ieimage.htm

http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Doc" wrote in message
Help, Help, Help.

My wife is about to throw the CPU out the window (or possibly @ me)

We have been having this issue on several sites over the past couple of
months - even tried to restore to a previous date to see if we can undo
something that we possibly did. Ran several different anti-virus programs as
well with no luck.

Seems that if I right click anywhere on the page & change the encoding to
Western European (Windows) is makes everything ok until the next page.

I have the issue on e-Bay, HP, & even Microsoft's sites.

Thank you!
[snip]

Hi, Don, Is there a way that you know of to set IE to always encode in
Western European (Windows)? We can't seem to find a setting to do that, so we
are currently using Netscaspe since this IE problem is so frustrating.

Thanks!

"Doc" wrote in message
Help, Help, Help.

My wife is about to throw the CPU out the window (or possibly @ me)

We have been having this issue on several sites over the past couple of
months - even tried to restore to a previous date to see if we can undo
something that we possibly did. Ran several different anti-virus programs as
well with no luck.

Seems that if I right click anywhere on the page & change the encoding to
Western European (Windows) is makes everything ok until the next page.

I have the issue on e-Bay, HP, & even Microsoft's sites.

Thank you!
[snip]

Back
Top