Image blur

  • Start date Start date

I seem to have blurred images when using IE 6, yet non-internet images are
OK. Right-clicking on the webpage to "Show Orignal Image(s)" fixes the
problem but how can I get this system to do this automatically, as it appears
to on other systems that I use?

Thanks.

Richard

Hi,
Your ISP is compressing images to facilitate faster download of webpages.
AOL, Earthlink, NetZero, Juno and others have this feature.

You'll have to explore your ISPs software settings to find and change this.
They're all different. ;-)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Richard McCaig" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

I guess that would account for having problems at home but not at work
(different ISPs).

We use TalkTalk Broadband at home, so looks like a discussion with them is
called for.

Thanks for your help, Don. I'll get back to you with any answer/solution.

Regards,

Richard

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Your ISP is compressing images to facilitate faster download of webpages.
AOL, Earthlink, NetZero, Juno and others have this feature.

You'll have to explore your ISPs software settings to find and change this.
They're all different. ;-)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Richard McCaig" wrote in message
I seem to have blurred images when using IE 6, yet non-internet images are
OK. Right-clicking on the webpage to "Show Orignal Image(s)" fixes the
problem but how can I get this system to do this automatically, as it appears
to on other systems that I use?

Thanks.

Richard

Hi,
If you're on broadband, my answer is probably wrong. :-o
Image compression is used on dial-up services.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Richard McCaig" wrote in message

Thanks for the post, Don.

Prior to having broadband, we installed OnSpeed (accelerator). This is still
active and may perhaps account for loss of image quality, due to compression.
When I get home, I'll reduce the compression and/or disable OnSpeed to see if
that's the cause.

Does that sound reasonable to you?

Cheers!

Richard

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
If you're on broadband, my answer is probably wrong. :-o
Image compression is used on dial-up services.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Richard McCaig" wrote in message
I guess that would account for having problems at home but not at work
(different ISPs).

We use TalkTalk Broadband at home, so looks like a discussion with them is
called for.

Thanks for your help, Don. I'll get back to you with any answer/solution.

Regards,

Richard

Hi,
So... (re: other thread) disabling OnSpeed helped in some cases? Check this
setting: Internet Options> Advanced> Multimedia> Uncheck "Enable Automatic
Image Resizing."

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Richard McCaig" wrote in message