ILDASM / IL confusion...

  • Start date Start date

FDude

Hello folks:

I am just starting to delve into the DUMPS from the ILDASM utility. Can I
do anything useful with the outputted IL code? Can someone give me some
references to working with .IL files? Thanks

look at .net reflector:
Reflector for .NET
Reflector is a class browser for .NET components (assemblies). It supports
assembly and namespace views, type and member search, C# XML documentation
viewer, reference search, IL disassembler, VB and C# decompiler, dependency
trees, supertype/subtype hierarchies and resource viewers. Function
prototypes are displayed in C# and VB syntax.

http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet/

--------------------
| From: "FDude" <[email protected]>
| Subject: ILDASM / IL confusion...
| Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:53:12 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
|
| Hello folks:
|
| I am just starting to delve into the DUMPS from the ILDASM utility. Can I
| do anything useful with the outputted IL code? Can someone give me some
| references to working with .IL files? Thanks

I've done Google searches and found hundreds of sites that describe IL,
some even give really good examples, but most of the time you get
just a simple introduction without any REALLY good details about how
to actually use it. That said, it IS a bear to try and use alone, and aside
from learning purposes it's about useless. The hoops you must jump
through to do even simple mathematics is mind-numbing, and a job that
is best left to the compiler, but you can learn a lot by studying the IL
that gets generated.

I found IL code quite useful as its MANIFEST shows the assemblies
being referenced by a Dll with version no. When you are runnig
multiple version of assemblies then you can determine the current
version no. with this.

Thanks,

Rohit

Back