iexplre.exe-application error

  • Start date Start date

I keep on having problems, everytime I start to close down a page,a window
pops up and says: The instruction at "0x014B39c4" the memory could not be
"read"

and the same but"0x77f57bd2" at 0x014b0010

Hi,
This is almost certainly being caused by another program- possibly malware.
Start at: Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
You will want to run Ad-aware, Spybot and (if running WinXP) MS Anti-Spyware
(Beta.)
Additional info at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.html
What you can do about spyware and other unwanted software:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywarewhat.mspx

You may have to post a HijackThis log to one of these forums for additional
help. Look for the proper forum and an "Important- Read This First" message
so that you follow proper procedure.
* HijackThis Quick Start http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/#Top
http://castlecops.com/forums.html
http://tomcoyote.com/forums/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php

Or...
A legitimate program running in the background may be causing this. Disable
(for diagnostic purposes) programs such as pop-up blockers, toolbars,
security, anti-virus, etc. You may have to reinstall, or not reinstall, a
program.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

I have the same problem but referenced at a different memory. The
application error message appears usually after changing the web sites and
then exiting the IE) (as far as I have found, from Israeli Web sites written
in Hebrew).
I have run all my anti-spyware software (Aluria Anti Spyware, Ad-Aware SE
Personal and the Microsoft Antispyware, but without success. The problem
still persists.

Dan Poulin said:
I keep on having problems, everytime I start to close down a page,a
window
pops up and says: The instruction at "0x014B39c4" the memory could not be
"read"

and the same but"0x77f57bd2" at 0x014b0010

Hi,
If you're problem is a language or encoding problem, I don't know where I
would start troubleshooting, sorry.

But, many IE Application errors are caused by other programs. You might
start at Control Panel> Internet
Options> Advanced> uncheck "Enable third party browser extensions."

This time consuming (clean boot) process may help:
276393 - Understanding and Troubleshooting Unrecoverable Errors (Faults) in
Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=276393

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Hi don,
Many thanks for your good advice.
After doing what you have advised, namely
unchecking "Enable third party browser extensions", no "application error
messages" have appeared.
Thanks again,
Zeev

"Dan Poulin" <Dan Poulin[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I keep on having problems, everytime I start to close down a page,a
window
pops up and says: The instruction at "0x014B39c4" the memory could not be
"read"

and the same but"0x77f57bd2" at 0x014b0010

Now to find the hijackware that may have been causing the problem!

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/tshoot.html

When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1
(http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. **Post
your log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
for expert analysis, not here.**

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Zeev Schor said:
[...]

message I keep on having problems, everytime I start to close down a
page,a window
pops up and says: The instruction at "0x014B39c4" the memory
could not be "read"

and the same but"0x77f57bd2" at 0x014b0010

Back
Top