iexplore.exe error- Please help

  • Start date Start date

From today, whenever I turned on my pc, the following error appears. I have
searched the KB but could not find any artilce relating to this. I appreciat
some assistance. Thanks.

"The onstruction at "0x01ee3795" referenced memory at "0x0145ad58". The
memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program."

No- this happend when I turn on my pc. In fact, corresponding to this, when I
want to turn off my pc, a program "idrive.exe" will not end and I have to end
it manually before I could turn the pc off.
Thanks.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Is this happening when you try to launch Internet Explorer?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

From today, whenever I turned on my pc, the following error appears. I have

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Is this happening when you try to launch Internet Explorer?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Block306 said:
From today, whenever I turned on my pc, the following error
appears. I have searched the KB but could not find any artilce
relating to this. I appreciat some assistance. Thanks.

"The onstruction at "0x01ee3795" referenced memory at "0x0145ad58".
The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program."

You may be infested with malware.
Systematically go through the steps at this site:
also see

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC

You may have different programs (possibly legitimate- possibly malware)
causing the startup and shutdown errors. Do you have the program IBackup
(ibackup) installed?

Which version of Windows? XP SP2?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

No- I do not have ibackup.

I am running WinXP Sp2 (or 3?). Thanks.

Hi,

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Is this happening when you try to launch Internet Explorer?
"Block306" <Block306[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
From today, whenever I turned on my pc, the following error appears. I
have
searched the KB but could not find any artilce relating to this. I
appreciate some assistance. Thanks.

"The onstruction at "0x01ee3795" referenced memory at "0x0145ad58". The
memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program."

Hi,
As Frank suggested, this might be a malware problem- adware, spyware,
trojan, etc.

I'll add these helpful sites:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
* If the do-it-yourself cleaning process doesn't help, post a HijackThis
log.
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Malware Removal and Prevention Overview - CastleCopsWiki:
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.html

Or, if you don't have the problems in Safe Mode, try disabling unnecessary
startup programs from Start> Run> msconfig> Startup. You may find the guilty
party that way.
315222 - A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Block306 said:
No- I do not have ibackup.

I am running WinXP Sp2 (or 3?). Thanks.
Hi,

:
Hi,
Is this happening when you try to launch Internet Explorer?
"Block306" <Block306[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
From today, whenever I turned on my pc, the following error appears. I
have
searched the KB but could not find any artilce relating to this. I
appreciate some assistance. Thanks.

"The onstruction at "0x01ee3795" referenced memory at
"0x0145ad58".
The
memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program."

Back
Top