IE6 Windows XP Home Right Click problem

  • Start date Start date

sales

Hi,

I have noticed that if I call up a website I can no longer right click and
select "view source"
Right click option on desk top stilloperate OK

I have searched through servies console etc, and can find no hep.

If its relevant I cleaned up the system with System Mechanic and a few days
later noticed that java seemed to have gone!
I downloaded and installed.

Any idea why I cannot use the right click in IE6 browser would be
appreciated.

Art

I think that went away in the newer versions of IE. You
will have to selece 'view' 'source' from the taskbar.

Hi,

There is a "source" in the "view" taskbar dropdown menu......that dont work
either!

Art

Just as an after thought onthis...
I tried "updating" IE 6.... a pop up advised that a "newer version of IE
was installed.."
I cannot have a newer version than that installed by SP2 and updated by
windows.....

Art

Hi,
If it's only "View Source" that's not working:

First, clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

If you have a shortcut to Notepad.exe on the desktop, rename it.

It's been reported that Quick View Plus can cause this. The fix for that is
at http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/774/

Additional information at
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#view_source
and
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/iescrcod.htm

If you have *no* right-click options in IE, post back to this thread. That's
a different problem.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Hi Don,

Thanks for that info...will set about following it and let you have the
outcome..
As an aside, the right click - view source works with web pages on my
machine which are called into the browser..but not with online pages.

Art

sales said:
Hi,

I have noticed that if I call up a website I can no longer right click
and
select "view source"
Right click option on desk top stilloperate OK

I have searched through servies console etc, and can find no hep.

If its relevant I cleaned up the system with System Mechanic and a few days
later noticed that java seemed to have gone!
I downloaded and installed.

Any idea why I cannot use the right click in IE6 browser would be
appreciated.

Art

Hi Don,

carried out your suggestion ..did a re-start ..but no joy still no active
All the right click menu options show and are active.
I tried to update IE^ bit it wont update saying I have a "newer version"
that seems illogical. I have looked through the registry settings....but
cannot see ( or understand) anything un-usual.
I have also looked through > control panel - > admin tools - > services
....but cannot see anything relevant.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
I had thought of doing a system restore...but it causes havoc with email and
registrations etc,.
Art

sales said:
Hi,

I have noticed that if I call up a website I can no longer right click
and
select "view source"
Right click option on desk top stilloperate OK

I have searched through servies console etc, and can find no hep.

If its relevant I cleaned up the system with System Mechanic and a few days
later noticed that java seemed to have gone!
I downloaded and installed.

Any idea why I cannot use the right click in IE6 browser would be
appreciated.

Art

Hi Art,
Well, I'll confess to having no more ideas, especially if nothing from
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers2.htm#view_source or
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/iescrcod.htm worked. The sites where you can't

Does System Mechanic have an undo function? Does it maybe backup things
before deleting them?

This might help:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm Tip #12

318378 - How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
Windows XP:

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Hi Don,

Going through a number of options...but I now know its an IE6 thing....I now
have Firefox installed and I can "view source" Ok on the R. Click menu.

Its bound to have a solution..its just finding it!

Thansks again

Art

"sales" <sales[at]arco-studwelding.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
Hi,

I have noticed that if I call up a website I can no longer right click
and
select "view source"
Right click option on desk top stilloperate OK

I have searched through servies console etc, and can find no hep.

If its relevant I cleaned up the system with System Mechanic and a few
days later noticed that java seemed to have gone!
I downloaded and installed.

Any idea why I cannot use the right click in IE6 browser would be
appreciated.

Art

Back
Top