IE6 Win2K3 SP1 - chm files from UNC shares are not rendered

  • Start date Start date

WaSyL

Hello,

After installing Win2K3 SP1 chm files opened from UNC shares do not render
content and show 'Action Canceled' page. I guess that is some problem on the
mk protocol / zone configuration boundary but adding that UNC share to
trusted sites showed no help. Do you any resolution for that ?

Best regards
Przemek

See these articles for possible help:

You cannot use certain Web applications that use the Infotech protocol after
you install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or the MS04-023 security
update on a Windows Server 2003-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;896054

Update to MS04-023 for HTML Help programs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873343

PRB: HTML Help Shortcuts May Fail When You Use Version 1.4 or Later
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323180

You cannot access HTML Help functionality on some Web sites after installing
security update MS05-001
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892675