IE6 will only let one window open at a time

  • Start date Start date

Andy

Hi

I have asked about this problem before but didn't find the
solution.

The problem is that I can't run 2 or more IE windows at
the same time.

If I am on a web site and use a hypertext link which opens
a new window, the
new window will open but it closes the original window
which stps you going
back to the original page.

Also if you try to open another IE window by any other
means (Control N,
Double clicking Icons etc) It opens a new window but again
closes the
original window.

I have checked all the advance settings and compaired them
with my laptop
which doesn't suffer this problem and they are set
identically. I also have
Mcafee internet security suite but this is also on my
laptop so I don't
think that is interfering.

Any help really appreciated
TIA
Andy

hi andy,
i have a suggestion.

open a window of internet explorer

goto tools>internet options>advanced>

uncheck the option reuse windows for launching
shortcuts

tell me if it working or not

Hi,
From IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing> uncheck "Reuse windows
for launching shortcuts."

And... you have a program running which is blocking pop-up windows-
something like Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, a firewall, Earthlink (or
another) pop-up blocker, etc.

You'll have to uninstall the program or turn off the feature that's blocking
new windows.

With some programs of this type, using Ctrl+click or Shift+click will allow
a new window.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Andy" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Back
Top