IE6 Links problem

  • Start date Start date

Betty

I can no longer access any of the links on the Links Toolbar nor can I open
a link that I drag to my desktop. The links on my desktop show up as, for
example, Google.url and the properties show it as a URL File rather than a
Hyper Text Document type of file. I am pretty sure the problem came about
because I stupidly used one of those cleanup type programs on my computer
and it got too ambitious although I thought I was being cautious.

I have XP Pro with SP2 and IE 6. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Betty

Wow, thank you so much, Don. Method 2 fixed the problem immediately. I
wish I would have come here first rather than spending hours looking for an
answer on my own. Thank you again.

Betty

Don Varnau said:
Hi Betty,
Go to http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/favext.htm If you're not familiar with
REGEDIT, start with Method 2 then Method 3. Please post back if these
steps
don't help.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Betty" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
I can no longer access any of the links on the Links Toolbar nor can I open
a link that I drag to my desktop. The links on my desktop show up as,
for
example, Google.url and the properties show it as a URL File rather than
Hyper Text Document type of file. I am pretty sure the problem came
about
because I stupidly used one of those cleanup type programs on my computer
and it got too ambitious although I thought I was being cautious.

I have XP Pro with SP2 and IE 6. Any help would be very much
appreciated.

Back
Top