IE6 Crashing 3 or 4 times a day

  • Start date Start date

Parker

Hello All,
I have a client that is running XPPro with SP2 installed that when the
browser is opened it crashes with the message of an error occurred and
internet explorer needs to close, etc Then when reopened seems fine. The
event ID is 1000. in Event Viewer it reads " iexplore.exe version
6.0.2900.2180 faulting module ntdll.dll, fault address 0x000111cd". I did
do a search on the ntdll.dll in google without success finding the fault
address as part of the question or answer. Does anyone know what this
problem is? I'm not sure where to look next. This problem occurred before
and after the SP2 install.

Thank You for Any Response

Parker a écrit :
Hello All,
I have a client that is running XPPro with SP2 installed that when the
browser is opened it crashes with the message of an error occurred and
internet explorer needs to close, etc Then when reopened seems fine.
The event ID is 1000. in Event Viewer it reads " iexplore.exe version
6.0.2900.2180 faulting module ntdll.dll, fault address 0x000111cd". I did
do a search on the ntdll.dll in google without success finding
the fault address as part of the question or answer. Does anyone
know what this problem is? I'm not sure where to look next. This
problem occurred before and after the SP2 install.

Thank You for Any Response

I've got the exact same problem. Today, i've done a fresh install of XP with
SP2 integrated and the problem still occurs ! By the way, i've got no
spyware or virus, i'm running a firewall and my security is all up to date.
So i doubt it's linked to Hijackware.

If you find anything, please let me know.

Hi Parker!

I suggest you may try the following steps:

Delete all the cookies, temporary files, downloaded objects and plugins to
see if it helps.

In order to delete the cookies, please refer to the following:

1. Click Start, click Search and click For Files or Folders

2. Type "Cookies" (without the quotation marks) and click Search Now

3. Delete files in the cookie directory

In order to delete all the temporary files, please perform the following
steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Click Tools, click Internet Options and click Delete Files button in the
General tab

To delete the downloaded objects:

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Click Tools, click Internet Options and click settings button in the
General tab.

3. Press View Objects.

4. Remove all the Objects there.

To Remove the Plug-Ins in Internet Explorer:

1. Close all the Internet Explorer window.

2. Open a Windows Explorer window by right Click My Computer and choose
Explore.

3. Locate the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS

4. Remove all the files in this folder.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Jeff Qiu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSE 2k/2k3, MCSA 2k/2k3, MCDBA

Thanks for your responses. I'll let you know if they worked

"Jeff Qiu [MSFT]" said:
[...]

rights.

--------------------
From: "Parker" <[email protected]>
Subject: IE6 Crashing 3 or 4 times a day
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:40:11 -0400
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

Hello All,
I have a client that is running XPPro with SP2 installed that when the
browser is opened it crashes with the message of an error occurred and
internet explorer needs to close, etc Then when reopened seems fine. The
event ID is 1000. in Event Viewer it reads " iexplore.exe version
6.0.2900.2180 faulting module ntdll.dll, fault address 0x000111cd". I did
do a search on the ntdll.dll in google without success finding the fault
address as part of the question or answer. Does anyone know what this
problem is? I'm not sure where to look next. This problem occurred before
and after the SP2 install.

Thank You for Any Response

You are welcome!

We are standing by for your response.

From: "Parker" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:40:11 -0400
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

Hello All,
I have a client that is running XPPro with SP2 installed that when the
browser is opened it crashes with the message of an error occurred and
internet explorer needs to close, etc Then when reopened seems fine. The
event ID is 1000. in Event Viewer it reads " iexplore.exe version
6.0.2900.2180 faulting module ntdll.dll, fault address 0x000111cd". I did
do a search on the ntdll.dll in google without success finding the fault
address as part of the question or answer. Does anyone know what this
problem is? I'm not sure where to look next. This problem occurred before
and after the SP2 install.

Thank You for Any Response

So Far So Good, I did see a damaged plugin in the PLUGIN folder which I
deleted as well as 2 java platform plugin's with numerous others. No
crashes as of this time. Again I appreciate all the responses

From: "Parker" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:40:11 -0400
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

Hello All,
I have a client that is running XPPro with SP2 installed that when the
browser is opened it crashes with the message of an error occurred and
internet explorer needs to close, etc Then when reopened seems fine. The
event ID is 1000. in Event Viewer it reads " iexplore.exe version
6.0.2900.2180 faulting module ntdll.dll, fault address 0x000111cd". I did
do a search on the ntdll.dll in google without success finding the fault
address as part of the question or answer. Does anyone know what this
problem is? I'm not sure where to look next. This problem occurred
before
and after the SP2 install.

Thank You for Any Response

You are welcome, Parker.

If there is anything else unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Have a great day!