IE6 Autocomplete quit working when I reloaded XP

  • Start date Start date

Joseph Butler

I reinstalled my XP today and found that after updating
my IE the autocomplete feature quit working. I am
running IE
Version 6.0.2800.1106.xpclient.010817-1148
Cipher Strength: 128-bit
Update Versions:;SP1;Q832894;

I have had to reinstall XP before and never had this
problem.

The problem started happening using the version of IE
from my XP install so I ran the Q832894 update and it did
not correct the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I program and
have hundreds of user/passwords I have to use on a daily
basis.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this
problem.

Joseph Butler

Joseph,

First, make sure that "Protected Storage" service is running. Click Start / Run / Services.msc
If it is already ON, try this:

Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264672
[Applies to Auto-Complete as well]

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

I reinstalled my XP today and found that after updating
my IE the autocomplete feature quit working. I am
running IE
Version 6.0.2800.1106.xpclient.010817-1148
Cipher Strength: 128-bit
Update Versions:;SP1;Q832894;

I have had to reinstall XP before and never had this
problem.

The problem started happening using the version of IE
from my XP install so I ran the Q832894 update and it did
not correct the problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I program and
have hundreds of user/passwords I have to use on a daily
basis.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this
problem.

Joseph Butler

Brilliant! I had the identical issue after an XP re-
installation and was going insane! The article you
suggested: ?kbid=264672 solved it for me. Perverse - I
would never have looked under Outlook Express as I don't
use it. Many thanks.
Ian
First, make sure that "Protected Storage" service is
running. Click Start / Run / Services.msc
If it is already ON, try this:

Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264672
[Applies to Auto-Complete as well]
wrote in message [email protected]...

Most welcome.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
How to guard against CoolWebSearch spyware:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Defend_CWS.htm

Brilliant! I had the identical issue after an XP re-
installation and was going insane! The article you
suggested: ?kbid=264672 solved it for me. Perverse - I
would never have looked under Outlook Express as I don't
use it. Many thanks.
Ian
First, make sure that "Protected Storage" service is
running. Click Start / Run / Services.msc
If it is already ON, try this:

Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264672
[Applies to Auto-Complete as well]
wrote in message [email protected]...

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your help.

I tried for two days to figure out the problem. It is
nice that people like you are here to help the techs that
get stuck from time to time.

Thank you again!

You are Wonderful!!!

Blessed Be,

Joseph Butler
First, make sure that "Protected Storage" service is
running. Click Start / Run / Services.msc
If it is already ON, try this:

Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264672
[Applies to Auto-Complete as well]
wrote in message [email protected]...

You are most welcome, Joseph. Thanks for the compliments :o)

--

Back
Top