IE6 and/or XP ***Warns on "Active Content" ?????

  • Start date Start date

Tom

I have a framed page with some javascript in one of the
frames and it blocks it with a stupid message about "Active Content"???

Everytime I hit the page it complains.

The page is on my hard disk, so I would think it would
be a trusted zone or whatever.

How can I avoid this message?

Note: this is just simple javescript, no ActiveX components or anything.

Thanks

If as suspected and evidence supports you are using Windows XP SP2 then take
a look at the published document at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/xpsp2compat.asp
Particularly the section about Local Mchine Zone lockdown adn using the mark
of the web to force content to0 run in the internet security zone.

Thanks
-Dave Massy
Senior Program Manager
Internet Explorer

Jan Il said:
MVP Crystal Ball© sez... XP SP2 ;-)

LOL!

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

PA Bear said:
And your Windows version is...?
Tom wrote:
I have a framed page with some javascript in one of the
frames and it blocks it with a stupid message about "Active Content"???

Everytime I hit the page it complains.

The page is on my hard disk, so I would think it would
be a trusted zone or whatever.

How can I avoid this message?

Note: this is just simple javescript, no ActiveX components or anything.

Thanks

Hi Dave :-)
If as suspected and evidence supports you are using Windows XP SP2 then take
a look at the published document at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/xpsp2compat.asp
Particularly the section about Local Mchine Zone lockdown adn using the mark
of the web to force content to0 run in the internet security zone.

Thank you very much for the additional information. I am in hopes that OP
will also read your reply and benefit from it as well. :-)

Jan Il said:
MVP Crystal Ball© sez... XP SP2 ;-)

LOL!

Jan :)
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"PA Bear" <PABearMVP[at]gmail.com> wrote in message
And your Windows version is...?

Tom said:
I have a framed page with some javascript in one of the
frames and it blocks it with a stupid message about "Active Content"???

Everytime I hit the page it complains.

The page is on my hard disk, so I would think it would
be a trusted zone or whatever.

How can I avoid this message?

Note: this is just simple javescript, no ActiveX components or anything.

Thanks

Local Machine Lockdown
http://www.winxptutor.com/lmzunlock.htm
and