IE6 abd Shutdown

J

Julian Harrow

Ever since downloading and fixing the sasser worm my Internet Explorer
refuses to open and my computer won't shut down. What have I done?

Thanks

Julian

M

Mark Jacobs

Under Control Panel, use Add/Remove Programs, and choose Internet Explorer. It looks as if you are going to
remove IE, but there is a "Repair" option that comes up after you click the "Add/Remove" button. Use this
repair function and reboot as necessary. HTH,

G

On my XP Home system Internet Explorer does not come up in the Add/Remove Programs menu, only in the Add/Remove Windows components section, where there is no option for repair. Is there a way around this? I have a similar problem except that once IE6 starts up I am unable to shut it down

----- Mark Jacobs wrote: ----

Under Control Panel, use Add/Remove Programs, and choose Internet Explorer. It looks as if you are going t
remove IE, but there is a "Repair" option that comes up after you click the "Add/Remove" button. Use thi
repair function and reboot as necessary. HTH

M

Mark Jacobs

Thankyou XP. There appears to be no way to remove Internet Explorer from the computer to reinstall it. Play
with the advanced options and see whether it's the Java VM or something like that.
--
Mark Jacobs
DK Computing
http://www.dkcomputing.co.uk
(e-mail address removed)

david h said:
On my XP Home system Internet Explorer does not come up in the Add/Remove Programs menu, only in the
Add/Remove Windows components section, where there is no option for repair. Is there a way around this? I have
a similar problem except that once IE6 starts up I am unable to shut it down.

Ask a Question