IE^ Will Not Print Web Pages or E-Mail

G

I recently installed XP Pro. Since then, my printer has become extremely sluggish; but, it stlill worked in all Windows programs, including IE 6. Last week, however, it stopped printing pages in IE 6 and Outlook 2000. It still works in MSWord and other programs, including Netscape. I reinstalled the printer driver. (To no avail.)

Some additional information: (1) When I press the print button or Ctl P, nothing happens. The print preview is dead: it shows a blank page. (2) Although my printer shows up as the default printer in the printer and fax section and in the word processor list of printers, it does not show up in the Hardware Manager. (3) When I go to Help/about in IE6, the information about the version of IE is blank. (4) I tried to reinstall Service Pack 1, but was advised that more current files were already installed and terminated the download.

What is happening? Please help.

Ask a Question