IE Explorer Crash. Please help

  • Start date Start date

My PC has been fault-free for months but suddenly IExplorer has started
crashing on me.

I have XP Professional with SP 2. My browser is IE6.

The event viewer has the following information:

Faulting application iexplore.exe.version 6.0.2900.2180.faulting module
ntdll.dll.version 5.1.2600.2180.fault address 0x00003426d.

There is also a message saying : fault bucket 127913559.

I have run several virus/spyware/registry mechanic etc scans but no joy.

Anyone help please?

Evidently a lot of people are having problems with Internet Explorer and
Outlook Express..

I've always been a Microsoft person but lately have decided it just isn't
worth it to put up
with all the problems their programs keep popping up with and I'm also
getting tired of all
the Critical Security Updates..

A friend of mine has been having problems with IE and OE.. He can't download
using
IE which is really a pain.. His OE is realllllllly slow to open and
perform..

After several days searching the Microsoft newsgroups, trying to find a
solution to his
problem I finall decided to look at the Opera browser and e-mail client as
well as
Mozilla's Firefox browser and Thunderbird E-mail..

I found either one is superior to IE and OE.. Opera is faster and cleaner
and has some
options like voice the others don't have..

Of the two, I'd suggest you download and install the new versions of Firefox
and
Thunderbird and just forget using IE and OE.. You'll be a lot happier and
less
susceptible to getting hit with a virus or other bad things..

Good luck..

JR

I found the same problem. Is there any Microsoft guy who have found this too?
Please help us!!

Jacage said:
My PC has been fault-free for months but suddenly IExplorer has
started crashing on me.

I have XP Professional with SP 2. My browser is IE6.

The event viewer has the following information:

Faulting application iexplore.exe.version 6.0.2900.2180.faulting
module ntdll.dll.version 5.1.2600.2180.fault address 0x00003426d.

There is also a message saying : fault bucket 127913559.

I have run several virus/spyware/registry mechanic etc scans but no
joy.

Anyone help please?

ntdll.dll: can be caused by CoolWebSearch
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm#Coolwebsearch
Also see http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/Winshow.html

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE