IE cannot access webpage

  • Start date Start date

Pooorboy

I am trying to figure out why Internet explorer can not access a certain
webpage. Its a bank website. Everytime I put my information in it pauses and
then goes back to the login. I tried loading of firefox and it too can not
get into the website, but at least it gives me an error saying SSL is
disabled. Its not disabled and all boxes are checked in reference to SSL. I
just can't figure this out. No firewall is active. Running windows XP, SP2.
I have another machine with windowsxp and sp2 and it can access it just
fine.

Been there done that. But thanks.
I removed SP2 and it still did it. Don't understand it myself. One thing I
did notice is that the certificate the site hands out always comes up. Even
though I installed it and it says it installed. But the next time I go to
that site the certificate pops up again. This might be a clue as to what is
going on.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Work through the possible solutions at:
870700 - How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with IE 6
[XP] SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

Pooorboy said:
I am trying to figure out why Internet explorer can not access a
certain webpage. Its a bank website. Everytime I put my information
in it pauses and then goes back to the login. I tried loading of
firefox and it too can not
get into the website, but at least it gives me an error saying SSL
is disabled. Its not disabled and all boxes are checked in
reference to SSL. I just can't figure this out. No firewall is
active. Running windows XP, SP2. I have another machine with
windowsxp and sp2 and it can access it just fine.

Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 443. See also
http://windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-10.html
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#secure_sites
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/data/jjblack.htm
HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites
by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444
"The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message on a Secure Web Site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303807

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

There is no firewall configured. I removed SP2 and it still did it. The only
other firewall that I can think of is the firewall on the dialup (internet
connection sharing) but that was also removed.

"Pooorboy" <pooorboy[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
[...]

Well, then, did you see the suggested links?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Frank Saunders said:
Pooorboy said:
[...]

yes. Either they did not apply to the situation or they didn't work. Think
it might just be easier to reinstall. Thanks for your help.

Frank Saunders said:
[...]

Back
Top