IE cache

vs

Need some help or advice please. My Windows XP got
infected with something that neither Network Associates
virus program or SpyBot was able to fix. Until I ran
HijackThis and CWShredder, I was not able to access most
websites that had to do with virus and spyware programs
and or software downloads. CWShredder found and removed
and ExploitByte verify variant CWS smart search.2 and
removed it, at least it said it did. I am able to access
most of those websites now that I could not do prior to
running those two programs.Since then however I notice
that the IE cache loads up very fast now 1 to 3 MB, with
only one or two quick visits to my home page. Prior to
all of this it would only load up 100 to 200 KB.
Anyone have any idea whats happening ???

Need some help or advice please. My Windows XP got
infected with something that neither Network Associates
virus program or SpyBot was able to fix. Until I ran
HijackThis and CWShredder, I was not able to access most
websites that had to do with virus and spyware programs
and or software downloads. CWShredder found and removed
and ExploitByte verify variant CWS smart search.2 and
removed it, at least it said it did. I am able to access
most of those websites now that I could not do prior to
running those two programs.Since then however I notice
that the IE cache loads up very fast now 1 to 3 MB, with
only one or two quick visits to my home page. Prior to
all of this it would only load up 100 to 200 KB.
Anyone have any idea whats happening ???
.
try another browser,like Avant browser,it's free from
www.download.com
put avant in the search and download it,It's got every
option that 6.0 has and more!If you don't like it
add/remove will take it out.

[...]

Don Varnau

Try the parasite removal programs again, in this order.

Download and run Run CWShredder from

Then download, install, *update* and run both of these programs:
Ad-aware from http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/
Spybot from http://security.kolla.de/ (Remove items listed in red-others are
optional.)
Both programs should be updated after installation- before use.

If these programs don't remove the malware, HijackThis should be used to
post a log to the appropriate forum at one of these sites.
HijackThis instructions and download:
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Forums:
http://forum.mvps.org/ Excellent help- low traffic. Visit
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=4075 before posting the log.

http://tomcoyote.com/forums/
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://boards.cexx.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php

Security tips and other information at:
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"vs" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Thank you. Seem your on the right track. I have noticed
that TIF under my name loads up with a bubch of stuff as
soon as I go back to my home page, even after I just
deleted all the stuff in there. It reloads the same stuff
every time. Any ideas ?