IE C++ RunTime Error

  • Start date Start date

IE stopped working for me about a month ago. I have tried to download from
MS website, but I keep getting the message that there's a newer version on my
computer. I was told by a technician that you cannot reinstall IE over
SP2. And, he said that you cannot uninstall SP2 because it corrupts other
Windows files. I have AdAware, firewalls, virus software, etc., so I don't
think it's spyware or whateverware. Mozilla works fine, but there are sites
that only work with IE, so I want to get it back. I'm trying to avoid
reinitializing my drive and reinstallng everything.

Also, when something tries to connect to it, the screen freezes and crashes,
e.g. Real Player.

Hi,
Go to Control Panel> Add/remove programs and uninstall the Google toolbar.
It has caused this C++ Runtime Error on some systems.

If the Google toolbar is not installed, post back. There are other
possibilities.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Rburley said:
IE stopped working for me about a month ago. I have tried to download from
MS website, but I keep getting the message that there's a newer version on my
computer. I was told by a technician that you cannot reinstall IE over
SP2. And, he said that you cannot uninstall SP2 because it corrupts other
Windows files. I have AdAware, firewalls, virus software, etc., so I don't
think it's spyware or whateverware. Mozilla works fine, but there are sites
that only work with IE, so I want to get it back. I'm trying to avoid
reinitializing my drive and reinstallng everything.

Also, when something tries to connect to it, the screen freezes and crashes,
e.g. Real Player.

Hi,
Did uninstalling the Google toolbar help? Did you have a follow-up question?

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Yes, it worked! Thank you so much!!!

"Rburley" <Rburley[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
IE stopped working for me about a month ago. I have tried to download
from
MS website, but I keep getting the message that there's a newer version on
my
computer. I was told by a technician that you cannot reinstall IE over
SP2. And, he said that you cannot uninstall SP2 because it corrupts other
Windows files. I have AdAware, firewalls, virus software, etc., so I
don't
think it's spyware or whateverware. Mozilla works fine, but there are
sites
that only work with IE, so I want to get it back. I'm trying to avoid
reinitializing my drive and reinstallng everything.

Also, when something tries to connect to it, the screen freezes and
crashes,e.g. Real Player.

Forgot to ask.......can I reinstall the Google toolbar, or will it just not
work with my system.......?

Don Varnau said:
[...]

I sorta have the same problem but a bit different. I get the error when
multiple users are logged on (WinXP fast user switching enabled). If user 1
has IE open and user 2 tries ......run time error. Also if trying to open
recycle bin it complains with the same error but with explorer.exe instead
of iexplorer.exe I can open task manager, show all processes and end task on
iexplorer.exe for the other user and its ok then. I have uninstalled google
toolbar, Canon Easy web print. Done system roll back to a while back (before
I noticed this error) same problem. As long as only 1 user logged on and
does NOT have IE open all is ok. Not real sure why this effects opening the
recycle bin either but it does. And recycle opens fine after closing the
other users iexplorer.exe session.

SB

Back
Top