ie 6 sp2 problem

  • Start date Start date
I do ot get a url. I get a screen that ells me the page could not be found.
the game is black hawk down by novalogic.

rjj2004,
Have you got the latest Java software from Sun Systems installed? Some sites
like www.Pogo.com, and banking sites need at least java version 1.4.2
installed
to work. The latest version is "Java Runtime Environment 5" (also known as
version 1.5.1). Which can be found at:

http://www.java.com/en/download/download_the_latest.jsp

Also with XP SP2, if you are using the MS Pop-Up blocking software, you may
need to add these to your Allow list.
In IE> TOOLS> Internet Options> Privacy tab> Pop-Up Blocking section>
Settings button> Type in the web address that you need to allow to work.

If you are using third party pop-up blocking programs, such as Google or
Yahoo toolbar. You will need to go into their settings/configuration
section, and add the sites to the allowed/trusted sites list.

--

Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

I cannot access certain web pages or my online games. i have xp pro with
sp2.

i habe turned off all pop up blockers and updated my Java and my black hawk
down game still will not conect to the internet.

Hi,
Some possibilities:
Check for a HOSTS file. See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm and
http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/

If running a cable modem, dsl modem or router, have you, at some point, shut
*everything* down for a few minutes? This sometimes helps.

Try the Internet Options> Security settings at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm#Setting

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Important...
Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
this site. Norton Internet Security can cause problems with SP2.
See: http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nis/nis_2004_info_solve.html
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/nis/nis_2005_info_solve.html
Or start here http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html

Many of the steps in this article are worth a try:
870700 - How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with IE 6
[XP] SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700

Other possibilities athttp://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/16.html
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/16.html
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/17.html