IE/6 Problems: Slow - blocks freq.visited pages, locks up, and ends browser

  • Start date Start date

Tickle

Hello, I am facing some of the same problems that others are in the recent posts.

I have WinXP, SP2, and running Avast for anti-virus security

Pages take forever to open and I keep getting certain sites blocked even though I have been there numerous times in the past...

I scanned, cleaned out files and defragged - I have a 5 yr+ old computer and I have 81% free space on it - just using it for school and email.

Can someone at least let me/us know what is going on or what to look for to help out?

Thank you so much in advance

--
Thank you

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0614-0, 04/03/2006
Tested on: 4/3/2006 11:31:02 AM

"Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315/en-us

--
Ted Zieglar
"A fool and his data are soon parted."

"Tickle" <nomail> wrote in message
Hello, I am facing some of the same problems that others are in the recent
posts.

I have WinXP, SP2, and running Avast for anti-virus security

Pages take forever to open and I keep getting certain sites blocked even
though I have been there numerous times in the past...

I scanned, cleaned out files and defragged - I have a 5 yr+ old computer and
I have 81% free space on it - just using it for school and email.

Can someone at least let me/us know what is going on or what to look for to
help out?

Thank you so much in advance

--
Thank you

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0614-0, 04/03/2006
Tested on: 4/3/2006 11:31:02 AM

Great - now onto more reading - for someone like me who doesn't know much about jack - this will have me on a wild goose chase.
Sorry, not pissy with you - just have no clue what to do next - if I had an error code, I would post it - my IE just wont take me to my normally visited pages
Oh well - I will keep checking other people's posts to see if something will come through that I can do.

--
Thank you

[...]

Tested on: 4/3/2006 12:25:33 PM

Followed another post and found the fix - thanks for your help Ted.

Posted by Jaques - 4/2/2006 Subject Internet Explorer Script Errors (note: I was not getting script errors)
"Well, I found the fix myself, I went to "add or remove programs" then "add/remove windows components", internet explorer was checked, I left it checked but I highlighted it and clicked Next, it reinstalled some things and it worked! no more error messages"

--
Thank you

[...]

Tested on: 4/3/2006 12:36:14 PM

Back