Hyperlink problems

  • Start date Start date

I am creating a web page for a software review. My first page is index.html
on it I have hyperlinks to two other pages for the review. On the two other
pages, I have hyperlinks to the each other and the main index page. Here's
the problem; The hyperlinks on the two pages work, they will go to each other
and the main page. The hyperlinks on the main index page do not work even
though they are pointing to the right page.

If I load the index page in Firefox, I have no problems, all the links work.
Why are the links not working in IE6?

Frustrated in Cleveland said:
I am creating a web page for a software review. My first page is
index.html
on it I have hyperlinks to two other pages for the review. On the two
other
pages, I have hyperlinks to the each other and the main index page. Here's
the problem; The hyperlinks on the two pages work, they will go to each
other
and the main page. The hyperlinks on the main index page do not work even
though they are pointing to the right page.

If I load the index page in Firefox, I have no problems, all the links
work.
Why are the links not working in IE6?

If you gave a link to the pages someone might be able to look at them and
tell you.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Try clearing the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Frustrated in Cleveland"

The pages are on my computer. I haven't uploaded them yet. The links work
fine in Firefox, why not IE6?

I cleared the cache but no luck. The annoying thing is that the links work
fine in Firefox.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Try clearing the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Frustrated in Cleveland"
I am creating a web page for a software review. My first page is index.html
on it I have hyperlinks to two other pages for the review. On the two other
pages, I have hyperlinks to the each other and the main index page. Here's
the problem; The hyperlinks on the two pages work, they will go to each other
and the main page. The hyperlinks on the main index page do not work even
though they are pointing to the right page.

If I load the index page in Firefox, I have no problems, all the links work.
Why are the links not working in IE6?

Which version of Windows?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Frustrated in Cleveland said:
I cleared the cache but no luck. The annoying thing is that the links work
fine in Firefox.

Windows XP Home with SP2. Another twist to the story. When I uploaded the
files to the internet site and used IE6, the links worked fine, but when I
was editing them in Word on my computer the main page links wouldn't work but
the other two pages would.

Don Varnau said:
Which version of Windows?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Frustrated in Cleveland said:
I cleared the cache but no luck. The annoying thing is that the links work
fine in Firefox.

Hi,
<FrustratedinCleveland[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am creating a web page for a software review. My first page is
index.html
on it I have hyperlinks to two other pages for the review. On the two
other
pages, I have hyperlinks to the each other and the main index page. Here's
the problem; The hyperlinks on the two pages work, they will go to each
other
and the main page. The hyperlinks on the main index page do not work even
though they are pointing to the right page.

If I load the index page in Firefox, I have no problems, all the links
work.
Why are the links not working in IE6?

Back
Top