https (secure websites), javascript execution etc

  • Start date Start date

Hi there!

I use an Dell inspiron running XP Pro. While connected to the internet
(dialup) and using IE, I have this problem: When ever a link is a javascript
it is not executed. I have Zone alarm Pro and Norton AV - both current,
running on my system.

Please assist in troubleshooting this problem as it severely affects my
secure site related work.

Hi,
Check the configuration of Zone Alarm and NAV. Is either of these programs
blocking javascript, scripts, scripting, etc? Any other programs, toolbars,
pop-up blockers, such as the Google toolbar or Yahoo companion, that might
be causing this?

Other possibilities:
870700 - How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with IE 6
[XP] SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"imoorthy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

thanks for your reply. I am still running XP without SP2. the link you have
given seems to be for post SP2.

Another important event is that when I tried to reply to Don's post from my
home computer(the one having the posted problem), I could not do so. Nothing
happens when I click on the reply button. Hence I am replying to you from my
office system.

Hope somebody can provide more detailed troubleshooting tips.

regards.

imoorthy said:
thanks for your reply. I am still running XP without SP2. the link you
have given seems to be for post SP2.

Another important event is that when I tried to reply to Don's post from
my home computer(the one having the posted problem), I could not do so.
Nothing happens when I click on the reply button. Hence I am replying to
you from my office system.
[Cut]

See:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=813444
"How to troubleshoot situations where you cannot complete MSN sign-up or
connect to SSL secured (128-Bit) Web sites by using Internet Explorer in
Windows XP".
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303807
""The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to View Web Page
on a Secure Web Site".
http://windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-10.html
"Internet Explorer Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites ".
Also:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#secure_sites
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers3.htm#activex
Hope this helps.