• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Balamurukan,

You can use reflection. You can use the SelectedObject property to get
the object in the property grid. Once you have that, you can get the
currently selected property by using the SelectedGridItem property. With
that, you get a GridItem instance which you can get the PropertyDescriptor
instance which you can use to call the GetValue or SetValue methods (along
with the SelectedObject), to get the value of the property.

Hope this helps.

Dear Nichol
Thanks for ur reply

Actually i'm involved in creating my own datagrid for our companies use
I placed datagrid in Windowscontrol library project for which i have to set collection of properties(Like Colname,Position,Coltype ie combobox or checkbox,datetimepicker).After placing my usercontrol datagrid control in my windows form when i choose my usercontrol it would show our own property in properties window which would display browse button.after i click the browse button i need to show my oun collection editor which would contain 3 properties (like datagrid's columns Editor) Using add button we can enter ColumnName,Coltype whether it is combobox or datetime picker,Column position where it to be positioned in datagrid
say for ex for column1 has EMPID,COMBOBOX,
for Column2 has EMPNAME, ,1-----we ignored the value for 2nd property because this column will act as datagridTexbox colum
3rd Column has the values Date,Datetimepicker,
After setting the properties in my own editor for my control i want to retrieve the collection values in user contro
Which i don't know.I think u understand my proplem
now my collection has EmpId,Compbobox,0 for column
EmpName,"",1 for column 2(we ignored the value for ColumnType property) for column
Date,Datetimepicker,2 for 3rd colum

o
i don't know how to retrieve the values back in my usercontrol
colud u please help me
We are creating Datagrid user control which is going to be used for all our colleagues
Each & every person has different constraint
somebody wants to show 5 columns in datagrid which he wants to make 3rd column as ComboBox column &the another one wants to show 10 columns in the data grid likewise they differ
So i planned to create Myo uwn user control

So once i retrieve the values it would be easy to fillup the data grid

After i run my windows application which contains my Datagrid user control
the datagrid to be filled up with according to the values we typed in the collection editor

That's all Nichol

Back