how to put splitterbar in a desired location on windows forms

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

h
iam using collapsiblesplitter bar in application,i added the collapsiblesplitter.dll to my .net framework, and i started using the splitter from toolbox, but i was unsuccessful in placing the splitter in the middle of my Form,it will be placed in extreme left or right or bottom or top of my form
i got to keep it in between couple of textboxs but the splitter appears in extreme left or right or bottom or top of my form.
i tried to change the location properties in different ways but its not accepting, i couldnt change the loction properties, i even changed the
this.collapsibleSplitter1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(204, 380)
but the splitter is not appearing at the above mentioned points
-----needhel
--------seas

Hi,
hi
iam using collapsiblesplitter bar in application,i added the collapsiblesplitter.dll to my .net framework, and i started using the splitter from toolbox, but i was unsuccessful in placing the splitter in the middle of my Form,it will be placed in extreme left or right or bottom or top of my form.
i got to keep it in between couple of textboxs but the splitter appears in extreme left or right or bottom or top of my form.
i tried to change the location properties in different ways but its not accepting, i couldnt change the loction properties, i even changed the
this.collapsibleSplitter1.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(204, 380);
but the splitter is not appearing at the above mentioned points.

By default *Splitter* is linked with last added docked Control of your
Form/Control/Panel.
The best solution (from my POV) is to place it between *Panels*.
If you want to place *Splitter* between any existent (docked) controls
is:
1. Place your Splitter at the end and dock it in wanted direction.
2. Do the loop for all controls that should be placed after the Splitter
2.1. "Send to Back" the "nearest" control to Splitter (once!).

Regards

Marcin

Back