How to display list of connected Remoting clients?

  • Start date Start date

John

Hi,

From within my Remoting server application, how do I display a list of
all the connected clients?

How do I push data to a client? I can only figure out how clients can
push data to the server by calling a proxy method.

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

You may have a look at the link below.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=zh-CN&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=d8936
4bd.0309120854.7b8a6853%40posting.google.com&rnum=15&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dlist
%2Bclients%2Bremoting%26hl%3Dzh-CN%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26start
%3D10%26sa%3DN

If you have any related question, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

Hi John,

You may have a look at the link below.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=zh-CN&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=d8936
4bd.0309120854.7b8a6853%40posting.google.com&rnum=15&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dlist
%2Bclients%2Bremoting%26hl%3Dzh-CN%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26start
%3D10%26sa%3DN

If you have any related question, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your help.

I can now push data from the server to the client and vice-versa.
However, I still don't know how to list all the clients connected to
the server.

I pass a reference of each client to the server when it connects, but
from this I don't know how to query the socket status, remote IP
address, and connection state of the client. Furthermore, if the
client goes away (shuts down, crashes, or loses network connectivity)
then the remote reference to the client is invalid.

Thanks!
John

Hi John,

To get IP adress of remotable object client, you can plug in channel sinks.
For more information, please look at the remoting samples shipping with
.NET framework SDK.
It is usually located in the directory of
C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v1.1\Samples\Technologies\Remoting\Advanced\ChannelS
inks

or use the CallContext class and ILogicalThreadAffinative pair.
Remoting Example: CallContext
l/cpconremotingexamplecallcontext.asp

To get a list of connected client and its status, you must do it yourself.
e.g. you may maintain a collection in server to record every client
information you want.
For more information ,you may refer to the two information above.

Did I answer your question?

From: (e-mail address removed) (John)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
Subject: Re: How to display list of connected Remoting clients?
Date: 17 Sep 2003 12:29:00 -0700

(e-mail address removed) (Peter Huang [MSFT]) wrote in message
[...]

Yes. Thank you. I will study the examples.

John

Back
Top